Terms and Conditions of Use
Access to and use of the New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Service website (this website) and any interactive services offered on this website is granted by the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE), Department of Premier and Cabinet, subject to the following terms and conditions.
The NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) is part of DPIE. Where references in this document is made to “we”, “us” or “our”, then that is a reference to DPIE.
Use of this website
You agree to use this website solely for your own personal, non-commercial use and not to use this website for an activity which could be deemed to be defamatory or abusive, in the furtherance of any threatening behaviour or for the purpose of distributing harmful material (including any material that is obscene, indecent, unlawful, defamatory, libellous or racist).
Use of this site by children should be supervised by an adult.
Quality of information
DPIE endeavours to make sure that information provided by DPIE on this website and in online newsletters is correct at the time of its publication.
However, as necessary you should obtain independent advice before making any decision based on the information on this site. The information on this site is made available on the understanding that the State of NSW, DPIE, and the Botanic Gardens Trust, their servants and agents, to the extent permitted by law, accept no responsibility for any damage, cost, loss or expense incurred by you as a result of:
- any error, omission or misrepresentation on this website
- any malfunction or failure to function of this website
- without limiting the above, any delay, failure or error in recording, displaying or updating information, including but not limited to, data relating to credit holdings.
Where there are known limitations to the information provided on this website, we will include an explanation of these limitations wherever possible. If there is any material that you consider to be misleading or inaccurate, please let us know and it will be corrected as soon as possible. If you require an urgent response you can ring Environment Line.
DPIE formed on 1ST July 2019. There are references on this website to prior organisations (including OEH, DEC, DECC and DECCW). Sometimes this occurs for historical accuracy. Where it reflects a delay in updating content, web users can generally assume that DPIE is the organisation that has assumed responsibilities previously covered by OEH, DEC, DECC and DECCW.
If you use electronic services offered on this website, you should understand that:
- While we use our best endeavours to ensure the availability of these services, they cannot be guaranteed.
- It is your responsibility to use other means to exercise your statutory responsibilities (such as your responsibility to make a payment) or obtain information if for any reason you are unable to use an electronic service.
- If you use alternative means to exercise your statutory responsibilities due to the unavailability of an electronic service, it is your responsibility to do so within the statutory timeframe.
User participation in interactive services hosted or facilitated by this website
If you participate in or contribute to interactive services hosted or facilitated by this website you should understand that:
- Children’s contributions should be supervised by an adult.
- DPIE does not endorse the views or material contained in user’s contributions.
- You may be held legally responsible for the content you submit to the interactive services offered on this website.
- All material published on DPIE’s interactive services is at DPIE’s sole discretion.
- Any contribution made by you may be edited, modified and/or removed at the discretion of DPIE. For example, DPIE may remove your contribution if DPIE considers it to defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or that it violates laws regarding harassment, discrimination, racial vilification, privacy or contempt.
- DPIE reserves the right to use contributions for internal training purposes.
Visiting a park or reserve
If you are intending to visit or obtain access to any of the parks, reserves and other areas referred to on this website or in online newsletters, you should contact NSW National Parks website for the relevant NPWS office to obtain updated information. You should not rely solely on the information provided on this website or in online newsletters.
If there is any material on our website or in online newsletters that you consider to be misleading or inaccurate, please let us know and we will correct it as soon as possible.
Images of people now deceased
DPIE is aware that many Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders are offended by the depiction of deceased members of their communities. While we have made every effort to ensure that only pictures of Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders still living are used on this site, visitors to the site are warned that it may contain images of people now deceased. Please let us know if you know of the death of any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person depicted on this site.
This website contains links to other websites (linked sites). These links have been included on this website with the intention of increasing the information available to you. If you use these links, you may leave this website. DPIE has no or only limited control over linked sites, and as a result:
- we cannot accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur if you rely on information which appears on linked sites
- we are not responsible for the views, opinions, standards or information expressed on linked sites. The provision of a link does not imply that DPIE endorses those sites, the content posted on those sites, or the people or companies who own them, and vice versa.
The search engines provided on this website are to assist internet users to locate resources more quickly. However DPIE takes no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, reliability or correctness of search results, and does not warrant or represent that the search engines are free from errors or omission, or that they are exhaustive.
DPIE provides no warranty that this website will be free of infections by viruses or any other manifesting, contaminating or destructive properties.
We recommend that you ensure current anti-virus software is operating on your computer at all times when using this website.
Contributions made to interactive services hosted or facilitated by this website will not be treated as complaints.
Comments and suggestions about the content and management of this website and particular interactive services offered on this website can be made by completing a feedback form.